The most important thing is to do if you think someone has been spiked is to try to make sure that someone trusted stays with them until they get home safely and – if possible – until the symptoms have worn off.
If their symptoms seem serious and you think they need urgent medical attention, call 999 to speak to emergency services.
Take care not to ask questions that might make them feel they are to blame for what has happened to them. 
Other things you can do to help include:
  • Try not to let them drink alcohol or take drugs.
  • Try not to let them go home with someone you don’t know or trust.
  • If you don’t know them or don’t know them well, try finding their friends or the people they were with.
  • If you’re at a pub, bar, club or any other venue, tell staff who work there.
If you think they may have been sexually assaulted and there is a risk that the perpetrator might still be present, call 999.

You can also contact Queen Mary's security team if this is happening on campus by calling 020 7882 3333. 

Some survivors may have concerns around reporting to the police (e.g. racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia). If they are safe currently, let them decide if they wish to report this later. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened