The horrific killing of George Floyd has prompted an outpouring of anger at the continued scourge of racial injustice across society. Queen Mary University of London stands with our students, staff and our community against racism in all its forms. Read the statement on racial justice from Professor Colin Bailey on behalf of the Queen Mary Senior Executive Team. We encourage you to report any instances of racism (including microaggressions) at Queen Mary, either with your name or anonymously.  Our Support pages offer information about organisations who can provide specialist support.

Queen Mary remains open. Please note that if you make a report and request contact from a member of staff, you may be offered a phone appointment or email liaison, although we are now beginning to offer face to face appointments again. We know that COVID-19 will have serious impacts on the lives of anyone facing domestic abuse. If you feel unsafe with the person/people you are living with, please see this Safety Advice from Women's Aid 
* Case work may include:

- Internal support or discussion around informal resolution, provided by the Advice and Counselling Service for students, or via HR for staff. 

- External referrals to specialist services outside of Queen Mary who can provide expert support to individuals. Referrals to external services would be discussed with the reporting individual when discussing their options.

-  Formal action (i.e. internal investigation), which is subject to the processes detailed in the Code of Student Discipline and the HR Grievance policy 

Students who would like independent advice on any of the Queen Mary processes may wish to contact the Students' Union Academic Advice Service. They provide a confidential, non-judgemental and free service available to all current Queen Mary students, including specialist advice and support on issues such as the student complaints procedure, appeals, disciplinary hearings and applications for extenuating circumstances. It is independent from the university, so issues discussed with the Academic Advice Service will not appear on your Queen Mary file without your consent. It can support any student who has made a report on Report and Support, including cases where the student is also working with Queen Mary services.

Staff may wish to seek independent advice from a Trade Union or the Employee Assistance Programme.


There are two ways you can report something